Know that old saying..."comparison is the thief of joy"?
As a photographer, I don't think I am alone when I say how easy it is to fall into that feeling when scrolling through Instagram and seeing all the breathtaking creations of other talented Vancouver Island photographers. That doesn't do me much good really. Comparing myself to others usually just pushes me towards needing something soothing like chocolate or a savoury pastry at the Fickle Fig (which I may or may not continue to do).
So I was thrilled to hear that talented Vancouver Island photographer Eva Cherneff was hosting monthly photoshoots with other creatives to just get out and shoot fun and playful couples at different settings on the Island. Eva created this group, Content Collective, a phenomenal collection of young talented photographers all working with each other, teaching, learning, sharing and having a blast.
This past weekend I participated in a fun and playful photoshoot with the Content Collective and met some inspiring photographers and I made some new friends along the way.
Soooo, here are my top 5 Reasons I love the Content Collective crew:
1. INSPIRATION. I am so inspired by these incredible women. Many are talented mamas working hard with their creativity to build and grow their business while balancing family life as well.
2. TALENT. I have admired the work of some of them from afar and now I am spending time with them, learning, growing and feeding my creative spirit.
3. NEW WORDS. As I approach "middle age", I am thrilled to expand my vocabulary to talk about how photography is my "jam" and I am "down with" doing environmental shoots. (Okay, boomer.)
4. LAUGHTER: So much laughter with these women. Simply fun creative time. No pressure for a client - just relaxed and fun. Good for the soul!
5. DOGS: Of course I had to add this! Dogs were part of the shoot and Eva brought her beautiful German Shepherd rescue pup. It was hard for me to focus knowing he was there just waiting to be pet - the struggle is real. Should I just hang out with the dog or take photos? FYI...I did both :)